Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Key note .. BAD

The Wikimania keynote was given by Richard Stallman. His presentation was a big disapointment; I expected him to discuss the change from the GFDL to the CC-by-sa. This is the one reason for asking him to give the keynote presentation.

Given that he gave his standard presentation appended with some ramblings on Wikipedia both English and Spanish. Now I do not care about the problems he cares to champion, I want him to address the things that are relevant to our community.

With a performance like this I am glad that we moved away from Mr Stallman. He did a disservice for his worthy goals.
Thanks,
     GerardM

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I saw him as a keynote speaker at another event some years ago, and would describe his performance there and then with the same words, you found this time.