Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Durova is my friend

Today it gets personal. I have been informed that Mr Daniel Brandt, a person with a dubious reputation when it comes to on-line privacy decided to "out" all Facebook friends of Durova.

Durova informed me about this and suggested that given the new circumstances, I might like to reconsider my Facebook connection. I have reconsidered and as a consequence I am writing this post. I am happy to acknowledge my friendship of Durova. I find that she is a spirited lady who has an enviable stack of ackomplishments. The work that she does for restoring pictures is such that I have commented about this in the past. This example is just to prove my appreciation for her.

Mr Daniel Brandt, has the kind of reputation that is hard to shake. By acting like this, by telling the world the real name of Durova, someone who Mr Brandt knows to be stalked by the type of people that go to jail as a result, he demonstrates how irresponsible he is.

Until now I have had no interest in Mr Brandt, I have since learned that he runs a website, that a visit to his website will have him harvest cookies. That as a result it is better to stay away from such a creepy site.

Mr Brandt, for the record, my name is Gerard Meijssen and I am happy to be a friend of Durova.
Thanks,
GerardM

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hear hear! Well done.

Anonymous said...

And seeing as how OpenID has obscured my name...I am Pete Forsyth, and would be proud to call Durova my friend. I have nothing but the utmost respect for her judgment.

Sir Nicholas said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sir Nicholas said...

I am Sir Nicholas de Mimsy-Porpington. My name is Anirudh Bhati. I am Durova's henchman from India. =)